I love making a list of things to do and I’ve seen a few of these on blogs recently so thought I’d add mine and see how many I can tick off each month. With it still being summer holidays hopefully we’ll be able to have a few more days out and about, enjoying the sunshine (well it was when I started drafting this!).
This is how I got on for August:
- Have at least one more trip to a beach. I don’t mind where although West Wittering is probably one of my favourites. We had a weekend in Dorset over the bank holiday and went to the beach a couple of times.
- A morning or afternoon at Frensham Pond. This is really local and it has a great sandy area which is great for the kids to play on, and if its warm enough they can have a paddle in the water. We spent a lovely morning at Frensham Pond when the sun miraculously appeared.
- A meal out with the hubby. We’ve not been out so much since we had two children. We tried to have one night out a month when there was just Charley but this stopped since we had Bodhi. Now I’ve stopped breastfeeding there are no excuses. Not achieved in August but we do have a night away BOOKED for husbands birthday at the end of September!!!!!
- Start working on my Facebook page for the blog. Started, a bit scary this one, trying not to publish too many posts onto Facebook
- Join some more linkys and comment on more blogs. Joined a few, but not had too much time with it being the holidays so this one is continuing.
- Help Charley with learning her numbers. She was doing well but they seem to have become a bit mixed up in the last few weeks. We did a little bit of this, still ongoing. Number 5 seems to disappear in her counting!
- Make a den somewhere in the house. Big fail.
- Get our Summer Smash book going. Not even started.
- Go to a pick your own place. Not happened, maybe in September if still open.
- Get a holiday booked for September/October. Had a long weekend away at the end of August.
With Charley being back at nursery a few days a week there will be fewer trips out but I’m hoping to get a few more things sorted out at home for September:
- Make a den in the house
- Go to a pick your own place
- Get started on some Christmas shopping. I know it’s a bit early but December always gets so busy I really want to start getting some things early this year. (I think I say this every year).
- Sort out my clothes wardrobe.
- Start eating a bit healthier again
- Find a new winter coat, all my coats seem to be blue and I want a black one that will go with my skinny black jeans.
- Get Bodhi walking!!!! After being poorly last week he seems to have forgotten how to walk by himself.
- Get some storage sorted in the children’s bedrooms to keep their toys tidy
- Copy all my photos and data from my old mac onto my husbands old (but newer than mine) mac.