Wow, it’s nearly here. A night away in a lovely spa hotel without the children. Eeeek!! I must admit I have been very much looking forward to this since we booked it, although I do feel bad about leaving the children for the night (and I’ll miss tucking them up in bed).
I know that Charley will really enjoy having my mum and dad stay in our house for the night, and will love having nanny put her to bed, but I’m not sure how Bodhi will feel about it. I’m sure he will have a bit of a cry at bedtime and in the morning when he realises that mummy and daddy aren’t there for a change, but I’m hoping this won’t be too bad for him. I’m also hoping that Charley will be happy for my mum to drop her off at nursery. She normally loves going and has never been clingy about being left there so hopefully this will be ok too. So aside from my concerns about leaving the children this is what I’m really looking forward to:
- An afternoon relaxing in the spa facilities
- Maybe a cream tea
- A full nights sleep with no little feet padding in in the early morning because they need a wee
- A little lay-in the following morning
- An uninterrupted shower that I don’t need to rush
- Putting on make-up with no pressure to hurry up
- A lovely dinner, and not worrying about getting home for the babysitters
- Breakfast in a restaurant
- Conversation with my husband, not in front of the tv
I will also love getting back home and having cuddles with both of them (though I’m sure Charley will be frosty to start with!).
Fingers crossed it all goes well, for everyone.
Have you left your children with babysitter for the whole night before? How did it go?